Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Saddened day today

I got to the pool a little late and I was hurrying to get in for my final taper before my 10 mile swim on Saturday. This is what Gords had me do.

500 Warm Up

2 x's thur

400 free @80 % effort
45 seconds rest

300 free @85 % effort
1 minute rest

200 free @90% effort
1:30 rest

100 free all out get under 1:15 ( I got 1:17)
2 minutes rest

500 cool down

Total 3,000 yards


I just read Gords blog and to tell you the truth, I'm  saddened by his shoulder problem that has been ongoing for him. I really look up to him and what he has accomplished. The man has swam the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. He has given me guidance and help and has always been very humble. He has really helped me out with my swimming and given me his 100% support on my quest to swim the English Channel. I know I have some shoulder issues as well and with his support and knowledge I am sure we can avoid the same issues or at the very least help me decide what to swim and how long depending on my shoulders. Gords has decided to take a year off and re access his situation and I can promise that he has my 100% support in his decision and the path he chooses for himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment