Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Monday, August 18, 2014

Longest swim since Deer Creek

I text back and forth with Gord's last night and decided we would meet at 4 am for a 3/4 work out. I got up at 3 and had a lite breakfast and was off to the pool. as I pulled into the parking lot I got a text from Gords saying he was there and waiting for me. I looked around and did not see him and when I text him back we were at two different places. I hoped back on the freeway and went to the other 24hour fitness next to the freeway and hurried an got in for my warm up. Today's workout was not easy nor hard, it was mainly focusing on my form and stroke. I did several different sets of hand placement in the water and hip driven free. I had started with my hand taped up but it did not last long. I need to figure out something different to keep the tape on. I did 3700 yards this morning and my shoulders feel great, the only thing that really bothered me was my hips and upper thighs. that was most likely the kick sets that I did. I also noticed that after taking last week really easy in myself that I had lost a lot in the water. It was a gentle reminder that I need to keep swimming all winter long if I am going to be successful in the channel next year. So first real workout since the hand issue is in the books, looking forward to the 5500 yard workout tomorrow morning.

On a side note as I was getting pushed out of the pool by the water aerobics instructor she asked Gord's if he was a coach. I replied for him saying yes. We found out that her husband swam the Bear Lake Monster Swim this year and she seamed really happy with the race. Small world !

No comments:

Post a Comment