Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Monday, July 28, 2014

Pineview

I talked to Gords over the weekend and we decided that we would meet up at Pineview about 4:30 this morning. I left my house about 10 minutes later than I wanted to so I got there about 20 minutes late, because I drove right past where we were meeting. This was my first time actually stopping there and I had no idea where I was going. I hurried and got changed and met everyone down at the water. Gords gave me a light stick and we were off. the water was really warm and fishy tasting. I kept getting a little in my mouth and that was all I could taste was the fish. we did a buoy route down to the the line that keeps you getting to close to the dam. when we got to the line we sprinted to the other side of the lake. I was keeping up with everyone for the most part but found myself stopping and making sure I was going the right direction. I was also having trouble keeping my glow stick stuck in my goggle band and had to stop to actually tie it to my strap. we swam up the shore line to the no wake buoys and then back across to the other side, then back down to where we started from. when we got back to the starting point there were 2 other swimmers there to meet Gords so he was going to paddle for them. I said good by to Goody, Sara and Gords and thanked them for meeting so early. Sara said that we should do this every Monday morning until I swim the Channel. we all laughed about trying to swim on the ice during the winter . I got back to the truck and called to work because I was going to be late.

I was a awesome swim, first time swimming in Pineview total distance was 2.64 miles

here is the link to my GPS   http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/551545810

No comments:

Post a Comment