Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Monday, July 30, 2012

Utah Open Water Mini Swim Camp


Last Friday was the first Utah Open Water Mini Swim Camp. It was one of the best time I have had swimming in a long time. I wanted to get to the camp site by 3:00 p.m. but once again life got in the way. By the time I got all of the camping gear loaded into the truck and the kids loaded it was 6:30 before we hit the camp ground. I got the tent set up and kids settled down by the time Chandra showed up. We had dinner and watched UP for our first time. After the movie was over there were a few of us that loaded up and went for a night swim. This was my first night swim and to say it was totally awesome! I was teased a little because I but glow stick bracelets on my goggles and they said I looked like Mickey Mouse with the huge ears swimming along. We finished our night swim and headed back to camp to get some rest for our swim the next morning. I did not sleep well at all, I think it was because I wanted to swim so dang bad. I was up at 5:30 and just laid in the tent until I could hear more people awake and then I got out of bed the hang out. I met some new swimmers this weekend, I am sure we will be friends for a long time. It was great to see some new faces. We all went back to the lake for more swimming about 10:00 and it was great to have my family with me. I swam the mile “Race” and cut 3 minutes off of my time since the GSL swim. I was really happy about that because I have not been swimming much since the GSL swim. After the “Race” I swam a few more laps to get some mileage in and then it was play time. Me and Josh went over to this huge rock pocking out of the water and were going to jump into the water until we heard some people say that the water was not deep enough. Josh assured them that all was good and off he went. It took me about 2 seconds to follow behind him. I could keep rambling on forever about the swim camp but I won’t. All I have to say is I can’t wait until next year. Thank you Josh for putting this on and Gords and Goody, I missed you guys. I will post pictures when I get a Few more minutes along with the video of me and Josh jumping from the Rock!    

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you and your family came and that you had a good time! Next year we definitely need to make it a two night camp so we have more time to swim.

    ReplyDelete