Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Start of an new idea.

Well here it is. I talked to Chandra and told her I was going to start a blog about my swimming adventures. I finally decided to do it so here it is.

Last year I decided I was getting fat and needed to loose some weight. So naturally I decided that swimming would be the best way to do it. For those of you that dont know me I have swam since I was about 6 years old until I graduated High School. Then I took a 20 year break. I had enough of swimming I felt I was forced into doing it throughout my carreer. Little did I know my Mom and Dad were doing it to keep me out of trouble. While doing this they were trying to raise 3 other kids and barely making ends meet in the process. I just wish I could of understood what was going on so that I did not take it for granted. so back up to last year, I was going thru Facebook and came across Utah Open Water and The Great Salt Lake Open Water Marithon Swim. I Liked both pages and went from there. I signed up for the 1 mile swim at the GSL and I thought I did pretty well for being an old fat guy. From there I decided that I would swim the 5K event at Deer Creek. In the process of training for this event I decided to coach my oldest son's football team so the traing was non exestent. I did do the the swim and finished in 1:47 some odd minutes. I was really proud because I swam the 5K without being in the water in over a month. This year I am doing the GSL 8.12 mile swim and planning on doing the Deer Creek 10 mile swim, the Bear Lake 7 mile swim and the Super Slam at Slam the Dam in Vegas. I have a Full Plate ahead of me and an AWESOME supportive wife and a great family backing me SO here goes here is a story of my open water adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment