Stage one complete

Stage one complete
English Channel

Friday, May 11, 2012

Still Swimming

I havent posted in a while because my Hydro tracker quit working on me. I have been swimming in the sucky pool and in the GSL. But with my open water swims I have been basically guessing at how far I have gone. To put it short I dont like dealing with FINIS they have had mt Hydro Tracker for a week now and I have nothing. Ok rant over I swam with Josh, Jim and the side stroke guy (cant remember his name) at the marina yesterday. the wind picked up when we got into the water and when we left the marina it was choppy. Josh and I swam to Black Rock and back in a Little over an hour including our stops for hydration and chatting. on the way to black rock I could see the waves coming in to me so I could Time my breathing accordingly. On the way back I am one of those swimmers that if I try to breathe on my opposite side I take on more water than normal so I dont do it. the wave were beating me up pretty bad. when I finally got the the bouy I talked to Josh and we agreed to call it. when we got back to the marina there was a guy and his wife loading their sail boat and taking down the mast. It looked like a major pain in the butt. we watched them for a bit and went on our way. funny thing is as soon as we left the wind died down and the chop went away. go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment